GET THE APP

Effects of whey protein isolate based coating enriched with Zingiber officinale and Matricaria recutita essential oils on color parameters of rainbow trout
..

Journal of Experimental Food Chemistry

ISSN: 2472-0542

Open Access

Effects of whey protein isolate based coating enriched with Zingiber officinale and Matricaria recutita essential oils on color parameters of rainbow trout


10th Global Summit on Food Safety, Processing & Technology

December 05-07, 2016 San Antonio, USA

P?±nar O Yild?±z and Filiz Yang?±lar

Ardahan University, Turkey
Erzincan University, Turkey

Posters & Accepted Abstracts: J Exp Food Chem

Abstract :

The present study investigated the effect of whey protein isolate (WPI) coating enriched with essential oils (ginger and chamomile) on color parameters of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) fillets in refrigerated storage (4ï?°C). Fish samples were divided into six groups; C1 (control, without edible films), C2 (whey protein isolate coating solution without essential oils), C3 (whey protein isolate coating enriched with 0.2% [v/v] ginger EO added), C4 (whey protein isolate coating enriched with 0.2% [v/v] chamomile EO added), C5 (whey protein isolate coating enriched with 0.2% [v/v] combine essential oils ginger and chamomile) and C6 (whey protein isolate coating enriched with 0.4% [v/v] combine essential oils ginger and chamomile). The colour parameters for the colour change were quantified by the Hunter L (whiteness/darkness), a (redness/greenness) and b (yellowness/blueness) system. There were significant differences (p<0.05) for L*, a*and b* of rainbow trout over the storage periods.

Biography :

Email: [email protected]

50+ Million Readerbase

Recommended Conferences

Journal Highlights

Google Scholar citation report
Citations: 236

Journal of Experimental Food Chemistry received 236 citations as per Google Scholar report

Journal of Experimental Food Chemistry peer review process verified at publons

Indexed In

 
arrow_upward arrow_upward