Ruta Rimasauskiene, Marius Rimasauskas, Tomas Kuncius, Elena Jasiuniene,Vaidotas Cicenas and Paulius Griskevicius
Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
Posters & Accepted Abstracts: J Material Sci Eng
Additive layer manufacturing (ALM) is mainly used for production of very complex geometrical shape products.
Important to mention that it is the main advantage of ALM because without the use of the moulds various
products can be produced easier and faster. In this study a novel 3D printing technique for continuous carbon fibre
reinforced polymer composites is presented. First of all, preparation of carbon fibre and adhesion testing between
matrix material (PLA) and reinforcement (1 K carbon fibre) is presented. Figure 1 shows the procedure of carbon
fibre modification. Tendency of tensile force changes can be clearly seen in the Figure 2, when the carbon fibre
impregnated with 4 % and 8 % concentration solutions tensile force average increased from 50 N till 134 N and 150 N
respectively. Adhesion results between matrix material and modified carbon fibre is presented in Figure 3. Moreover,
it can be concluded that solution concentration and heating time is important and can influence mechanical
properties of printed parts. For the printing of samples polylactic acid (PLA) was used as matrix material and 1K
not twisted carbon fibre as reinforcement material. Quality of 3D printed samples were tested by using computer
tomography and optical surface morphology. Tensile tests of printed samples showed (Fig. 4) that even low content
of carbon fibre in polymeric composite can increase mechanical properties significantly.
1. Rimasauskiene, Ruta; Matejka, M.; Ostachowicz, Wieslaw; Kurowski, Marcin; Malinowski, Pawel; Wandowski, Tomasz; Rimasauskas, Marius. Experimental research of the synthetic jet generator designs based on actuation of diaphragm with piezoelectric actuator // Mechanical systems and signal processing. London : Academic Press-Elsevier Science. ISSN 0888-3270. 2015, Vol. 50-51, p. 607-614.
2. Rimasauskiene, Ruta; Bansevicius, Ramutis Petras; Rimasauskas, Marius; Ostachowicz, Wieslaw. Analysis of the membrane permeability of the microflow control device based on the Moire effect // Mechanical systems and signal processing. London : Academic Press-Elsevier Science. ISSN 0888-3270. 2013, 36, 1, p. 25-35.
3. Rimasauskiene, Ruta; Rimasauskas, Marius; Jurenas, Vytautas; Ostachowicz, Wieslaw; Matejka, Milan. Numerical and experimental analysis of membrane with piezoelectric element used for synthetic jet flow control // Mechanika / Kauno technologijos universitetas, Lietuvos moksl┼│ akademija, Vilniaus Gedimino technikos universitetas. Kaunas : KTU. ISSN 1392-1207. 2015, vol. 21, no. 1, p. 64-69.
4. Rimasauskas, Marius; Juz─?nas, Kazimieras; Rimasauskiene, Ruta; Pupelis, Edmundas. The research of single point incremental forming process for composite mould production = Vieno tasko palaipsnio formavimo proceso tyrimas kompozit┼│ formoms gaminti // Mechanika / Kauno technologijos universitetas, Lietuvos moksl┼│ akademija, Vilniaus Gedimino technikos universitetas. Kaunas : KTU. ISSN 1392-1207. 2014, Vol. 20, no. 4, p. 414-419.
5. Bansevicius, Ramutis Petras; Rimasauskiene, Ruta; Rima┼íauskas, Marius. Research of dynamic characteristics of piezoelectric actuator used in flow control device // Journal of Vibroengineering / Vibromechanika, Lithuanian Academy of Sciences, Kaunas University of Technology, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University. Vilnius : Vibromechanika. ISSN 1392-8716. 2011, Vol. 13, no. 4, p. 823-828.
6. Bansevicius, Ramutis Petras; Jurenas, Vytautas; Rimasauskiene, Ruta. Development of laser beam light intensity control system // Journal of Vibroengineering / Vibromechanika, Lithuanian Academy of Sciences, Kaunas University of Technology, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University. Vilnius : Vibromechanika. ISSN 1392-8716. 2011, Vol. 13, no. 2, p. 164-172.
Rūta Rimašauskienė in 2010 defended PhD theses in the field of Mechanical Engineering in Kaunas University of Technology. Currently she is involved as a researcher in M-ERA.net project “Additive Manufacturing of Continuous Fibers Reinforced Polymer Composite Materials for High Performance Structural Applications (2017-2019). Since 2013 Rūta works as Associated Professor at the Department of Production Engineering, Kaunas University of Technology. She has published more than 25 papers in reputed journals and conferences proceedings.
E-mail: [email protected]
Journal of Material Sciences & Engineering received 2394 citations as per Google Scholar report