DNA Fingerprinting UNIT, Scientific Officer & Assitt.
Chemical Examiner to Govt. of MP, State Forensic Science Laboratory, Civil Lines, India
• Ph.D. in Microbiology with specialization in Biotechnology.
• More than 16 years work experience in Forensic Biology, Serology and DNA Typing.
• Reported more than 3000 criminal cases in Biology, Serology and DNA typing, including Paternity, Child Swapping, Murder, Rape and Mass rape, Identification from skeletal remains.
• Passed International quality control tests for DNA Fingerprinting examination.
• Chaired sessions in National and International conferences and organized several seminars and specialized training programmes on Forensic DNA typing
• Visiting Faculty of leading Police and Judicial Training Institutes in India
• Authored and edited several books/research papers and guiding PhD students.
• Awarded Pt. Govind Vallabh Pant National Award from Bureue of Police Research and Development, Govt of India.
• Working on two major Research projects on genetic polymorphism in autosomal STRs, INDEL, Y and X STR markers.
Forensic DNA typing, Use of Next generation sequencing, Rapid identification of Human and microbes for forensic purpose, Microbial Forensics, Human Microbiome.