Avelino C Verceles
University of Maryland, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine, USA
Avelino C Verceles MD is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. He serves as Director of the Comprehensive Pulmonary Rehabilitation Unit and Ventilator Weaning Program at the University Specialty Hospital. He also serves as Co-director of the Outpatient Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at the University Specialty Hospital. He currently holds a Junior Faculty appointment in the Claude D Pepper Older Americans’ Independence Center at the Baltimore Veterans’ Administration. Dr. Verceles completed his Fellowship training in Pulmonary Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at Drexel University School of Medicine, Philadelphia Pennsylvania. Dr Verceles completed his Residency in Internal Medicine at MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He completed his BS in Biology Psychology at The University of Notre Dame Notre Dame Indiana 1995. Currently he is doing his Masters Degree in Clinical Research He has served as a reviewer for highly regarded journals.
1. Weaning from Mechanical Ventilation.
2. Physical Rehabilitation of Older Mechanically Ventilated Patients.
3. Sleep and Circadian Rhythms in the Critically Ill.
4. Outcomes in the Critically Ill and the Long Term Care Populations.
5. The Impact of Stress and Sleep Deprivation on Family Members of the Critically Ill.
6. The Impact of Environmental Stimuli and Stressors On Critical Illness.