Jun Yen Uan
Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan
National Chung Hsing University, Depart. Materials Engineering, Assistant Professor 2002/ 02 ~ 2006/ 07. The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA Depart. Materials Science and Engineering Postdoctoral Researcher 2000/10 ~ 2001/12. National Cheng Kung University Depart. Materials science and Engineering Postdoctoral Researcher 1999/07 ~ 2000/09.
1 Recycling of Lowââ¬Âgrade magnesium scraps and its application for H2 generation
2 Formation of anionââ¬Âexchangeable coating on magnesium scrap surface for the removal of fluoride ions from waste water
3 CO2 recycling and CO2ââ¬Âassisting innovative process for chemical conversion coating treatment and the multiââ¬Âfunctional conversion coatings on highââ¬Âpurity Mg and Mg alloy.
Honours and awards
1. First prize of the "2007 Light metal Innovative Application Contest", organized by Industrial Development Bureau, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan, ROC. "Hydrogenââ¬Âonââ¬Âdemand: magnesium scrap / seawater to generate H2"
2. "The best paper award", 2006 Taiwan Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Conference and the Taiwanââ¬Â Hong kungââ¬Â China Hydrogen Energy Forum, organized by Taiwan Association for Hydrogen Energy and Fuel Cell (THEFC) Paper: Recycling of Endââ¬Âofââ¬Âlife Magnesium Alloy Scraps to generate Hydrogen Energy.
3. “Invited Lecture”, The YSR 6th Panââ¬ÂYellow Sea Rim International Symposium on Magnesium Alloys, Nov. 22ââ¬Â24, 2011, Sejong Hotel, Seoul, Korea.
4. Editorial Board of ISRN Metallurgy (http://www.hindawi.com/isrn/metallurgy/editors/)
5. “Best Poster Award”, 2nd Asia Symposium on Magnesium Alloys, October 1ââ¬Â3, 2007, Fukuoka, Japan. Paperï¼Å¡Passivation of Magnesium Alloy in Tap Water and the Corrosion Resistance of the Passive Layer to Protect the Alloy from Corrosion. eni award 2014 ââ¬Â CV 3.
6. “Merit Prize of Oral Session”, 11th International Conference on Clean Energy , Nov. 2ââ¬Â5, 2011, Fengââ¬ÂChia University, Taichung, Taiwan. Paper: Fabrication of Alââ¬ÂLi and Al2Li3/Al4Li9 intermetallic compounds by molten salt electrolysis and their application for hydrogen generation from water.
1. Recycling of Lowâ€grade magnesium scraps and its application for H2 generation.
2. Formation of anionâ€exchangeable coating on magnesium scrap surface for the removal of fluoride ions from waste water.
3. CO2 recycling and CO2â€assisting innovative process for chemical conversion coating treatment and the multiâ€functional conversion coatings on highâ€purity Mg and Mg alloy.