Journal of Physiotherapy & Physical Rehabilitation

ISSN: 2573-0312

Open Access

Volume 6, Issue 4 (2021)

A Cross sectional study Pages: 1 - 3

Prevalence of Scapular Dyskinesia in Bankers

Shamaila Yaqub*, Aimeen Sajjad Paroya, Farooq Islam, Zainab Sabir and Amber Arooj

DOI: 10.37421/2573-0312.202.6.215

Objective: The primary objective was to assess and to calculate the prevalence of scapular dyskinesia in bankers. The secondary objective was to check the association of scapular dyskinesia, BMI Kg/m2 and with the sex of the participants

Methods: This study is an observational cross-sectional type and sample size taken was of 101. Non-probability judgment sampling was used and research was carried out at the district of Gujrat and Gujranwala. Test used to identify scapular dyskinesia was lateral scapular slide test, DASH questionnaire was used and pain was measured using numerical pain rating scale.

Results: According to the results among the total participants of 101 only 26 participants (25.7%) were recorded to be positive and the rest 75 (74.3%) were negative.

Conclusion: It was concluded that bad postural habits somehow had an impact on the musculoskeletal condition of the worker specifically in the office sittings which might lead to scapular dyskinesia.

Keywords: Scapular Dyskinesia • Strengthening Exercises • Postural Training • Large Synoptic Survey Telescope • Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension • Numerical Pain Rating Scale

Short Communication Pages: 1 - 1

Treatment Options for Stroke Physiotherapy

Afreen Begum**

Share this article
Editorial Pages: 1 - 1

What to Expect During a Stroke Recovery

Jing jao**

Share this article
arrow_upward arrow_upward